FEATURED CLINICAL STUDY
Clinical Study Finds TheraTears® System Relieves Dry Eye Signs and Symptoms1
The combined therapy of TheraTears® Dry Eye Therapy – Lubricant Eye Drops, TheraTears® SteriLid® – Eyelid Cleanser, and TheraTears® Eye Nutrition improved both symptoms and a variety of signs in subjects with moderate to severe dry eye.
THERATEARS® DRY EYE THERAPY
RESTORES EYES NATURAL BALANCE®
Regardless of the cause of Dry Eye Disease, whether from aqueous deficiency or tear evaporation, the result is the same: increased tear film osmolarity, or hyperosmolarity.
Elevated tear film osmolarity (osmolarity imbalance or hyperosmolarity) is one of the primary causes of dry eye symptoms2 (per 2007 DEWS Report)
- Elevated tear osmolarity (or hyperosmolarity) is the increased concentration of tears
- Increased tear film osmolarity causes dry eye irritation and ocular surface inflammation3, 4, 5
The International Dry Eye Workshop (DEWS Report in 2007) states
“Elevated tear film osmolarity is one of the primary causes of dry eye symptoms.”
TheraTears® Dry Eye Therapy’s hypotonic and electrolyte balanced formula has been shown to reduce osmolarity over time.
TheraTears® SteriLid® removes oil, debris and other irritants that can accumulate on eyelids and eyelashes.
- Gentle and effective skin-on-skin application
- Keeping lids and lashes free from irritants is important for maintaining healthy lids and lashes as part of ocular wellness therapy
TheraTears® Eye Nutrition is a con-centrated form of Omega-3 designed to support healthy lacrimal and meibomian glands for healthy tears.
750 mg of omega-3 (450 mg EPA + 300 mg DHA) from fish oil:
- Pharmaceutical grade
- PCB and Mercury free
- Molecularly distilled
- Triglyceride (TG) formulation
450 mg of omega-3 (450 mg ALA) from flaxseed oil:
- Organically grown
- Cold pressed
183 IU of Vitamin E:
- Protects the high quality omega-3 from oxidation
- Helps support healthy omega-3 metabolism